What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Lead Quality Assurance to lead a team of highly skilled QA Testers and automation programmers. Your leadership should create an environment for them to perform in the most effective way, fostering a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to operate at high and low level: capable of hands-on work as well as leader and mentor to your team.
- A strong understanding of how to support all departments, from gameplay to core engine tools.
- Strategic thinker: create an environment of tools so QA can focus on what matter most.
- A deep desire to build up a world class international QA team.
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with Programming and Design Leads to build a structure to support rapid prototyping while keeping build stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with DevOps to define the build process and QA pipelines that balance rapid iteration with stability.
- Plan and execute with automation engineers tools to optimize the pipelines so testers do not execute repetitive tasks.
- Be the representative and champion for QA to all other parties.
- Stablish the QA workflows in JIRA and make sure the quality of the information in the bug database is as useful as possible for the rest of departments.
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world class QA team by being involved in the interviewing and hiring process:
- Be the mentor, guide and leader of your team of handpicked coders.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions and 360 feedback.
- Be on top of the personal development goals of your testers, making sure there is always a healthy environment that fosters learning.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 2 shipped AAA games either as Lead QA tester.
- Working experience in a modern console environment.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
- Ability to lead and delegate as required.