Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior Animation Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders. We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to code high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- A strong understanding of the animation pipeline for AAA games.
- Good understanding of the common pitfalls in the first-person and third-person animation systems.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
What the role involves:
We are working with designers to build a structure to support rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with engine coders to define the best programming environment for each development phase.
- Be the representative and champion for the Animation code to all other parties.
- Coordinate and complement work from Technical Animators.
- Work with the rest of the animation and gameplay coders, establishing code guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets.
- Work hand in hand with the combat design teams to ensure they have the most efficient tools.
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world-class animation and gameplay programming team by interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, one on one sessions, and 360 feedback.
- Experience with physically simulated animation is a plus.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least one shipped AAA game.
- Experience and deep working knowledge of animation systems.
- Experience in a modern console environment is a plus.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks and beverages).
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!