Smilegate Barcelona is currently looking for a key contributor to building the Barcelona studio. We are seeking a -a new family member- Head of Operations responsible for the administrative success of the Smilegate Barcelona studios, leading the administrative teams to provide a benchmark environment in which AAA video games are developed. The goal of this position is to secure and optimize the functionality of administrative activities in order to drive and sustain company growth.
With very ambitious development plans, we are looking for a driven, hands-on and highly motivated individual, with a deep knowledge of the AAA video game industry and a genuine interest in being part of this new venture.
What You’ll Do:
- Overseeing operations and the administrative executives (Finance Director, HR Manager and Procurement & IT Director).
- Sustaining an effective administrative structure to support the studio's development strategy
- Supporting hiring and retention of the best talent to develop AAA quality
- Overseeing Smilegate administrative costs
- Fostering a culture that promotes the development of people and processes
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Responsible for reporting across all departments and studio's
- Participating in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, growth etc.)
Structure: our Head of Operations will be part of the Operations team which is growing as well. Reporting to the Head of the Studio so you will be a key member of the senior management team.
What will make You successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related education
- 5+ years in a senior management role
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Business acumen and exemplary work ethics
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving ability
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, IT & Proc, Marketing etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Knowledge of the entertainment/gaming industries are preferred
- Excellent command of both English and Spanish
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Based in Barcelona.
Personality traits that make You a great match:
- Passion for people.
- Can-do, hands-on attitude, open to tackle varied topics depending on the business needs
- Good organizational skills, analytical and methodical approach
- Ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment
- An energetic and humble individual.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Remote & Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday
- Ticket restaurant
- Sanitas private Health insurance. In this policy, you will have included Dental coverage
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Friday beers and the most important....very nice SmileMates