What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an exceptionally organized and talented Art Outsourcing Manager who is excited about the opportunities that outsourcing can afford us and has a strong sense of service to help free our leads to focus on the game by taking ownership of this important task for them.
What the role involves:
Outsourcing will play a key role in the success of our future. As an Art Outsourcing Manager you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty in multiple areas of the games development stages.
● We want to empower the teams internally and externally to both co-exist as one. You will be the bridge that helps us reach that goal.
● Manage day to day communication with outsourcers on behalf of the art leads, seeking clarification from leads when necessary.
● Creating guidelines to provide to the Outsource Teams/Artists.
● Building internal and external roadmaps for art assets.
● Work closely with production to ensure a timely turnaround on assets and deadlines are being met.
● Complete first pass evaluation of outsourced assets on behalf of lead artists ensuring creation guidelines have been met.
● Implement outsourced assets into the game engine and source control.
● As an Art Outsource Manager your job may require you to travel to events and multiple vendors around the world.
● Excellent track record - credited on at least 1-2 shipped games on the art team.
● Working knowledge of Maya, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Photoshop, and other industry standard software.
● Portfolio of work demonstrating related experience.
● Excellent knowledge of the current standards of art in the game industry.
● Working knowledge of, and the ability to critique, modeling assets, both organic and hard-surfaced, including characters, environments, architecture, props, vehicles, and weapons.
● Previous project management experience.
● Experience using Unreal Engine.
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market leading publisher and developer. If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career defining games - get in touch
OUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- Private Health insurance including dental coverage.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events.
- Friday beers and the most important....very nice SmileMates
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!