What we need:
Smilegate Europe is looking for a passionate and skilled Concept Artist, to join our growing team of developers. We're looking for an individual to collaborate with a team of like-minded and talented creatives toconceive of inspired characters, environments, props, and other gameplay elements. The ideal individual is someone who appreciates and thrives on the development process and has a great eye for design.
What the role involves:
- Collaborate with the Art Director to establish visual direction for the game.
- Create concept art for characters, environments, and props.
- Create storyboards, background illustrations, and promotional artwork.
- Collaborate with Artists and Designers to creatively solve problems.
- Assist Art Director and Art Leads by providing feedback and guidance to Artists.
- Design visually cohesive fictional/realistic worlds and characters.
- Assemble reference materials to support the concept designs.
- Provide and receive feedback professionally.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates skill in environment, character, creature, vehicle, weapon, and prop concept development.
- Effective researcher that understands how to successfully navigate through various databases to discover the best reference and imagery possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of general 3d and game art production techniques.
- Some basic modeling experience.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market leading publisher and developer. If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career defining games - get in touch!
Working at Smilegate Barcelona:
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year.
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance including dental coverage.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.