What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is expanding and we are looking to add a Senior Technical Animator that acts as a link between character modellers, animators and programmers, ensuring that characters, cinematics and gameplay animations are integrated into the game according to the game vision and technical limitations of the project.
You will establish tools and pipelines that supports and improves the character modelling, rigging, cinematic and animation team creation workflows and integration into Unreal engine.
What the role involves:
- Define the animation and cinematic pipelines and assist the animation team to streamline and optimise their workflows in Maya.
- Support the animation team to implement character and prop animations into Unreal engine.
- Collaborate with character riggers to define best working practices and create tools and character publishing pipelines
- Support the mocap production and offer solutions to streamline it.
- Work closely with programmers to define and implement character and animation performance targets in engine
- Create blueprints and animgraphs inside Unreal engine to support implementation of animation systems and gameplay mechanics
- Assist in planning and scheduling of technical animation production
- Research and share knowledge of existing VFX and AAA game working practices
- 3-year experience in the video game industry as a technical animator
- Expertise at implementing animation tools and pipelines in Maya
- Experience at rigging and skinning photo-realistic characters in Maya
- Experience implementing characters and animations in Unreal engine
- Knowledge of a high-level coding language. (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Experience in motion capture techniques and Moton Builder is a plus
- Good level of English verbal and written communication skills.
- A good eye for anatomy and animation.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Studio Bonus
- Extensive Relocation support
- Remote & Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday
- Ticket restaurant: the Employee will receive 9 euro per working day
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (fruit, snacks , breakfast and beverages)
- Beer Thursdays
- Sanitas private Health insurance. In this policy, you will have included Dental coverage
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Much more still to come…