What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders. We are looking for an
individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to code high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- A strong understanding of how to transform design requests into meaningful and working features.
- Good game design knowledge to complement and amplify design specs to create player-centric rewarding experiences.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with designers to build a structure to support rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with engine coders to define the best programming environment for each development phase.
- Be the representative and champion for gameplay code to all other parties.
- Coordinate and complement work from system designers.
- Coordinate with the rest of the gameplay coders establishing code guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets.
- Work hand in hand with the combat, world, and mission design teams to make sure they have the most efficient tools.
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world-class gameplay programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions, and 360 feedback.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 1 shipped AAA games either as Senior / Lead gameplay programmer.
- Experience and deep working knowledge of gameplay and AI systems.
- Unreal Engine working experience in a modern console environment is a plus.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- Private Health insurance including dental coverage.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Company parties and events.
- Relocation package and VISA support.
- Friday beers and the most important....very nice SmileMates
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you! .