Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders. We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to architect high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- A strong understanding of the Unreal engine and how to expand it.
- Understanding of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and generate cost-effective pipelines.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with all other departments to identify specific needs and build a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers, and Level Design team to define the best coding processes that balance rapid iteration with stability.
- Be the representative and champion for the Engine coding team to all other parties.
- Coordinate with and complement gameplay and AI programmers.
- Coordinate with the rest of the coders establishing programming guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets.
- Fully analyze the platform to understand and get the best of the latest generation of hardware.
- Continuously monitor the performance of all systems.
- Help build up a world-class engine programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions, and 360 feedback.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 1 shipped AAA games either as Senior / Lead gameplay programmer.
- Experience and deep working knowledge on building Game Engine components.
- Unreal Engine working experience in a modern console environment.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- Private Health insurance including dental coverage.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Company parties and events.
- Relocation package and VISA support.
- Friday beers and the most important....very nice SmileMates
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!