Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders. We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to architect high level systems to low level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- A strong understanding of Unreal engine and how to expand it.
- Understanding of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and generate cost-effective pipelines.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with all other departments to identify specific needs and build a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers and Level Design team to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability.
- Be the representative and champion for Engine coding team to all other parties.
- Coordinate with and complement gameplay and AI programmers.
- Coordinate with the rest of coders establishing programming guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets.
- Fully analyze the platform to understand and get the best of the latest generation of hardware.
- Continuously monitor the performance of all systems.
- Help build up a world class engine programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions and 360 feedback.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 1 shipped AAA games either as Senior / Lead gameplay programmer.
- Experience and deep working knowledge on building Game Engine components.
- Unreal Engine working experience in a modern console environment.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- During the Covid time, the company is paying employee´s lunch through our catering services. Post Covid we will offer Ticket restaurant.
- Sanitas private Health insurance. In this policy you will have included Dental coverage and Antigen Covid test free (2 test per 30 days until April).
- Wise Corner Session.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Fridays beers
- Relocation Package and work permit support (when needed)
- Special tax Regime support (taxation of 24% Spanish )