Our goal is a combination of best in class combat and exploration spaces to create a living world of possibility that will deeply immerse players.
We are looking for someone with:
- A drive and passion for creating meaningful and inspiring areas that players will want to explore
- Excellent knowledge of the competition and the methods they use to create open world play spaces
- A good respect for combat spaces and the metrics used in their construction enabling dynamic and compelling battle spaces
- The ability to operate both at a high world level but also at the low encounter based level
- High level awareness of environmental storytelling and knowing how to enrich the locations with this
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with the art and design departments this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build your own team on a project where the world is a central part.
- Working with the Creative Director to define, own and champion the project living world pillars and vision
- Drive the development and creation of high-quality AAA environments
- Be the representative for world design to all other parties
- Work alongside the combat, AI and narrative leads to design and implement gameplay enabling playspaces
- Build up a world class world and level design team by helping to interview and hiring level designers
- Be the mentor, guide and leader of your team of handpicked designers
- Provide meaningful feedback to the world design team during play sessions
- Create and maintain a prospering level design culture within the world design team
- Help drive the development of standard setting world design tools and workflow
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Working with other teams to develop immersion enhancing features such as weather and night / day systems
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 2 shipped games either as Lead level/world director, lead/ senior level/world designer
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modelling packages and being able to get hands on to create environments
- Strong level design skills - capable of defining level metrics and consistently applying them
- Good understanding of what works and doesn’t in leading open world games - especially how combat spaces and terrain narrative intersect
- Strong communication skills - with the ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple teams
- Ability to lead by example and delegate as required
Good to have:
- Experience with procedural methods of content creation
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- During the Covid time, the company is paying employee´s lunch through our catering services. Post Covid we will offer Ticket restaurant.
- Sanitas private Health insurance. In this policy you will have included Dental coverage and Antigen Covid test free (2 test per 30 days until April).
- Wise Corner Session.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Fridays beers
- Relocation Package and work permit support (when needed)
- Special tax Regime support (taxation of 24% Spanish )